What do I get?
- Improved reliability of consumption data + accuracy of charges of your consumption
- Allow consumers detailed information on consumption history and trends
- Provide consumption and energy management guidance
- Offer freedom of financial management with prepaid wallet vending
- Promotes transparency and consumer independence
advanced metering infrastructure (smart metering) is a system that measure, collect, and analyse utility consumption via smart devices such as electricity, gas, heat, and water meters. This will allow you as the consumer to measure all your utility usage on a daily basis.
The smart metering system includes:
- smart meters
- an onsite communication device
- 2 way network communication between hosting servers and a smart platform
- a meter data management system (MDM)
a "smart" metering platform records detailed data, collects and stores interval data, and interfaces with other platforms such as web based customer portals for easy access to information and independent payment programs via various devices i.e. pc's, smart phones and tablets.
the smart metering systems, smart meter allows for various features in managing your utility consumption.
the smart meter continually measures and transmits data, to provide the end users with detailed information about their electricity (and other) supply on a web based portal:
- date & time intervals of usage
- multiple tariff application on your usage
- billing information
- consumption profiles
- all recorded information is conveniently made available on a web based portal
- transaction history and invoices